Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Being refined...



Hebrews 12:7-8,11

God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons… All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

Personal Reflection
As I was driving my daughter to school this morning and we spoke of the trials that have befallen our family in the last few years.  It is scary to think that sometimes it takes trials to keep us near his feet, that if we were left to ourselves we would be so far from him because our pride and self-righteousness would fill our heads and his image would be erased.  
Thank you Heavenly Father for the life you have chosen for me, because I do realize that without these blessings we've experienced through the trials in our lives, it may have been harder to see you and need you as I do right now.  I am not begging for more :), but I trust in your plans for my life and know that through these trials, you are refining us and will never leave us nor forsake us.  


No comments:

Post a Comment